Tuesday, August 3, 2010

True Love

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NLT)

4. Love is patient and kind.

5. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not

demand its own way. It is not irritable and it keeps no

record of being wronged.

6. It does not rejoice about injustices, but rejoices

whenever the truth wins out.

7. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is

always hopeful, and endures through

every circumstance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whenever a relationship goes sour in my life and I'm feeling smugly in the right..... one look at this Scripture usually wipes the smugness off my face. It's a mirror that shows my flaws, my real flaws way down inside where nobody but Jesus and I can see.

But on the other side of the mirror, isn't it good to know Jesus loves us like this Scripture? His love is true and unflawed. Sometimes when we've been spurned in love for a real or imagined flaw we project that type of love on our Saviour. But when I remember that He knew every mistake and fault I'd have long before He chose to love me I realize I don't have to fear that He'll walk away from me when I am not perfect!

If only we could love like Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment