Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Grape" Expectations!


Galations 6:9

And let us not be weary in well doing: for

in dueseason we shall reap, if we faint not.

Finally! The grapes I discovered growing in my back yard early this spring have ripened to a perfect purple. When I get home today, I'm planning to pick them and proudly display them in the fruit bowl on my kitchen table. Maybe it's a little silly, but I'm really proud of them. I've spent all summer watching them grow and anticipating the day I could pick them and taste their sweetness.

You know, it can seem like forever between the time something is planted until it reaches its potential. My grapes have only taken the summer to ripen, but I've invested in things in life that have taken decades to blossom and ripen. Raising children can be like that. Finding financial success can be like that. And personal development can be like that. But the good news is that one day you'll take another look at your "vineyard" and suddenly all of your efforts and waiting will have paid off, and you'll be getting your own fruitbowl out to set on the table.


1 comment: