Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Marked

I Peter 2:9

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood,
an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should
shew forth the praises of him who hath called
you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

© Angela Beatty 10/10

I've walked by this tree many times over the last few years.  I've often puzzled over the big red mark left by some timberman.  I've kind of thought that the red orb meant it was marked to be cut down, but since it's still standing I have to assume that I was wrong.  Regardless, the tree has been chosen for some purpose unknown to me.

I can identify with the tree.  I've been chosen... chosen by my Creator for a special purpose.  But am I marked?  Can the people around me see that I've been chosen by God?  Does my life bring praise to the One who chose me?

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure you are right. The tree was marked for removal, but they probably didn't have enough money to pay for the removal. So the tree got a second chance at life.

    ReplyDelete