Monday, October 11, 2010

What Chilled the Warm Day?


Ecclesiastes 7:2

It is better to go to the house of mourning,
than to go to the house of feasting:
for that is the end of all men;
and the living will lay it to his heart.
© Angela Beatty 10/10

It was a bit goulish to come across the remains of an unfortunate creature on such a beautiful day.  An eye socket, a piece of jawbone and another bone I can only guess at were all that remained of a once vividly alive animal.  I hate the thoughts of death and destruction.  I wish I could close my eyes and will all of it away, but I can't.  It's a fact of life that someday we'll all be reduced to bone fragments and dust.  What then? 


I know, I know!  I don't like to think about it either!  But sometimes it puts things into perspective to stop and take a look at those things that leave us chilled and chafing inside. It made me stop and reprioritize!


I promise a more cheerful blog next time :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment